Everything you need know. Every company in the WCSB. Instantly.
AssetBook is the ultimate industry intelligence source for Canadian E&P companies and anyone who does business with them. Think of it as a powerful search engine and data source for the western Canadian oil and gas industry with instant access to everything you need to know about every company and area in the WCSB.
AssetBook serves up the best detailed listing of working interest production, historical production, reserves, land-holdings, facilities, and pipelines broken down by either company or area. AssetBook’s simple, intuitive interface makes it easy to search, filter, sort, and analyze useful data to support better decision-making across the entire E&P business cycle.
More effective decisions. Less overhead.
In an era of cost-reductions, AssetBook is the wise software and data choice. Its web-based interface requires zero IT resources to implement and makes it possible to work from anywhere. Our all-inclusive corporate subscription means anyone in your organization can use AssetBook at no added cost to provide valuable insights across the entire E&P business cycle. From competitor research and benchmarking to business development, A&D prospecting, LLR analysis, and ARO management, AssetBook lets you do it all.
AssetBook’s user friendly web-based tools help E&Ps save money by uncovering unadvertised assets that lead to mutual benefit for both buyer and seller. Enhanced filtering and access to full data resources allows smaller teams to work more productively while increasing clarity and reducing uncertainty for a wide range of transactions.
- Perform industry and competitor research and corporate benchmarking quickly, easily, and more effectively than with mapping and other tools.
- Simplify strategic decision-making by building and comparing multiple growth/merger scenarios in a fraction of the time it would take with any other method.
- Analyze potential corporate acquisitions or divestitures with greater certainty. With just a few clicks, filter through thousands of public and private companies to find the ones that meet your specific criteria.
- Merge companies to assess their compatibility or to find fall-out properties.
- Identify unadvertised best-fit properties that are non-core to a potential seller, instead of waiting until the assets hit the market for everyone to bid on.
AssetBook is a vital tool for any professional who works in oil and gas finance, audit, or investment banking. It is a single, reliable source of information on the assets, operations, financial performance, and liability positions of every company in the WCSB.
- Serve your clients better by gaining insight and understanding into their businesses.
- Analyze opportunities for ROI and best-fit with your clients’ growth plans.
- Drastically reduce the time required to perform due diligence on deals.
- Find and counsel your clients on best-fit A&D opportunities.
AssetBook is a rich and valuable source of market information that helps service and supply companies find their ideal clients and grow their business.
- Quickly and easily research and prioritize potential customers based on a wide range of factors.
- Prepare for sales calls and meetings with a full understanding of your clients’ business operations.
- Know your prospects’ core areas and be able to position yourself as a pack leader.
- Find synergies between your existing clients and their partners and identify new prospects where you have an “in”.
- Monitor land and production activity that can lead to new business.
Add value to your AssetBook with optional modules. Built to extend functionality and offer additional specialized capabilities, these add-on modules are powerful additions to AssetBook:
Data analytics and visualization for AssetBook. Distill large amounts of data into easy-to-understand snapshots. Make faster decisions with single-page “at a glance” reports. Learn More…
Liability Analysis (LLR)
Quickly evaluate groups of assets for both buying and selling. See how a potential transaction could affect the AER’s Licensee Liability Rating of companies involved. Learn More…
See historical and predicted production & land data with Production (type curves, probability and time slice) and Land (bonus graph, acreage purchase) templates. Learn More…
Search by pool characteristics and access additional data from the government reserve files. Learn More…
“AssetBook is the first place I would start to identify acquisition targets or potential acquirers for our portfolio companies.
I am appreciative of the relevance, reliability and practicality of XI’s products. The team at XI is client-focused and very receptive to comments and suggestions. I am impressed by the initiative that XI takes to continuously improve its offerings.”
“For over 10 years, I’ve been using XI to evaluate acquisitions and divestitures as well as identifying potential joint venture partners and opportunities.
XI’s research tools have saved me a ton of time in my evaluations. Quickly evaluating information and making better-informed decisions is a fundamental prerequisite in today’s oil and gas industry.
I have a competitive advantage over those companies who do not use the XI products.Pass on a special thank you to your help desk. They have provided me with excellent service.”
“I’ve been using XI (originally WestCan) since 1996 – that’s a long time!
It’s a very fast and accurate tool for scoping base production and land positions for buy-side opportunities. It’s an excellent data source in conjunction with corporate public data sources, like quarterly and annual reports.”
“Do you get that disconnected feeling because you know you are missing important information? That is how I feel if I go to a client meeting and I have not created a quick map of their areas of interest and drilling locations.
It’s such a great tool to start an intelligent, informed conversation. My clients love it and ask me to leave the map behind – some of the information is news to them, also!
I love AssetBook. It makes my job easier.”
“I have used AssetBook since 1999 as an A&D screening tool. It is accurate, fast, comprehensive, detailed and provides historical data that can be used for trend analysis.
I have not found any other product that offers such features and is so easy to use. Customer support is great.”